Dental Implants - Implant Dentistry
Welcome to NW Dental in Clackamas Oregon, professional dentists and dentistry services serving the communities of Clackamas, Damascus, Boring, Oak Grove, Estacada, Happy Valley, Gladstone, West Linn, Oregon City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Redland, Gresham, Beavercreek and SE Portland, OR.
Everyone wants to have teeth that last their entire lives without any problems, but there’s no shame in losing a permanent tooth at some point in your life.
We offer dental implants that can seamlessly replace those lost teeth, and eliminate any self-consciousness or eating difficulties you might have experienced with those missing teeth!
About Dental Implants at NW Dental
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
A dental implant is an implanted artificial tooth that functions effortlessly alongside your natural teeth. Made out of the latest dental technology, a dental implant is designed to restore your oral health and your confidence.
Because the tooth used for your implant is designed in our laboratory, it is made out of porcelain and is shaped like a natural tooth.
Your implant consists of three parts—the implant post, abutment, and the crown—that work together to serve as a functioning, natural-looking tooth.
The implant post is placed into your jawbone and serves as the tooth root, which keeps the implant anchored in place. The abutment is the connector between the implant and the crown, while the crown is the visible part of the implant that looks just like your other teeth.
Dental Implant Simulation Video
Dental Implants are a very effective way to restore your smile, improve oral health, and provide you that beautiful smile you’ve been looking for. Give NW Dental a call at 503-698-1112 if you would like additional information about our professional dental implant and implant dentistry options in Clackamas, Oregon.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Your oral health depends on you having teeth that are fully functioning and healthy, but a missing tooth can cause lots of problems for your mouth.
Dental implants can remedy the problems caused by missing teeth by:
- Stimulating Your Jawbone. When you are missing a tooth, the jawbone underneath that space isn’t receiving any stimulation. As a consequence, your jawbone will deteriorate overtime. An implant stimulates the jaw and keeps the bone strong.
- Keeping Your Teeth From Shifting. When a domino falls, it affects all of the dominos next to it. This is a similar phenomenon to a missing tooth. The teeth near the missing tooth will shift positions to fill in the gap, unless an implant restoration is there to prevent them!
- Allowing You to Chew All of the Food You Love. It can be painful or awkward to chew food when you’re missing a tooth. Dental implants are sturdy and reliable, meaning that you can eat whatever you want without discomfort or risk of your new teeth coming out of place.
- Enabling You to Smile Without a Gap. You don’t need to be nervous or worry about hiding your smile anymore. Dental implants look just like your natural teeth, and people won’t be able to tell the difference. You can be proud about showing off your smile again!
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Many patients are good candidates for dental implants, but there are some patients who might not be a good fit.
In order to qualify for a dental implant procedure, you need to meet certain standards:
- Oral Health: Periodontal (gum) disease is the number one cause of tooth loss. So before we can restore any missing teeth, we need to treat any underlying causes of those missing teeth. This can mean treating your gum disease or clearing a different oral infection before placing the dental implants.
- Adequate Bone Structure: Dental implants are placed inside of your jaw bone, so if you don’t have adequate bone structure then the implant won’t last, or may not be able to be placed in the first place. However, you may be able to get a bone graft to build up your jaw enough for an implant restoration.
- Healthy Habits: Habits such as smoking or chewing tobacco are bad for oral hygiene and the health of your gums, and can be a reason you need your teeth replaced in the first place. We recommend discontinuing these habits before restoring your teeth, as they can lead to the dental implant and tooth restoration failing.
We offer all our candidates a free consultation for dental implants so that we can address any potential risk factors beforehand. If you’re not sure whether implants are right for you, let us help!
Contact Dentist Dr. Ben Whitted DDS and the NW Dental Team for any questions you have regarding dental implants in Clackamas County Oregon or to schedule a dental implant consultation – Visit our Contact Us Page to Email NW Dental or call us at 503-698-1112.
CARING FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS
Caring for your dental implants is very similar to caring for your other teeth. The best place to start is with good oral hygiene habits. Make sure to brush with a soft bristle toothbrush and with non-abrasive toothpaste. There is also implant-specific floss that you can use when flossing.
By taking care of your oral health you will be able to ensure that your dental implants are beautiful, healthy, and long-lasting.
CALL NW Dental FOR YOUR DENTAL IMPLANT CONSULTATION TODAY at 503-698-1112
If you’re missing one or more teeth, schedule a consultation with our office. We will take a look at your dental history and help determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants, and recommend the best solution for your unique dental situation.
Give the dentists and dental team at NW Dental today to rejuvenate your smile and improve your dental health!